Multichannel News has announced that the Sci Fi Channel has bought the rights to air the two DTV SG-1 movies, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum, next year. These rights were bought along with the new Stargate Universe television series and Atlantis telemovie.
According to the article, the Sci Fi Channel will have the following airing schedule:
- Spring 2009: Stargate: The Ark of Truth (Sunday Movie Event)
- Late Spring 2009: Stargate: Continuum (Sunday Movie Event)
- Summer 2009: Premiere of Stargate Universe (first 10 episodes)
- Fall 2009: Stargate Atlantis movie, to fill in the mid-season hiatus of Stargate Universe
- January 2010: Return of the second half of Season One of Stargate Universe
Talk of a third SG-1 movie for the direct-to-video format has been around for quite some time, but Thomas Vitale, senior VP of programming and original movies at Sci Fi, said, “We’re very interested in partnering with MGM to do additional SG-1 movies as well, and we’re talking about it.” No official word has been released that the future SG-1 movies will be first aired on Sci Fi before being committed to DVD as the first Atlantis movie is currently set to do.
To read the complete article, visit Multichannel News: EXCLUSIVE: Sci Fi Buys ‘Stargate SG-1’ Flicks For Spring ’09 Schedule: Scores U.S. Rights to Premiere Made-For-DVD Movies.