You might be interested in these news tidbits and announcements that have been noted on this editor’s calendar and notebook for this week. If you’ve got more to add, please don’t hesitate to announce them in the comment section below. We’ll update this article if something comes to our attention during the week.
|Monday, May 24|
|Tuesday, May 25||Stargate Universe “Pain” on the UK’s Sky One at 8:00 PM.|
|Wednesday, May 26|
|Stargate Universe premieres in New Zealand with “Air Part 1” and “Air Part 2” on Prime TV starting at 8:30 PM (Source: MSOL).|
|Stargate Universe “Subversion” on Australia’s Sci Fi Channel at 8:30 PM and on Canada’s Space at 10 PM ET. Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks guest star!
There will not be a new episode of Stargate Universe on Syfy until next week, June 4, because of the Memorial Day weekend.
|Saturday, May 29||London MCM Expo begins today and ends tomorrow, May 30. Guests include Alaina Huffman and Jamil Walker Smith from Stargate Universe, along with guest starring veterans David DeLuise and John Noble.|
|Sunday, May 30|
Last week, we posted a few background articles in our LJ Companion that you might be interested in. Most of these articles don’t have a companion piece in our News Blog here:
- Jason Momoa has two major projects on his plate right now: the feature film Conan and new HBO series Game of Thrones. We posted several articles about these. For Conan: We Knew It All Along – “Momoa Makes Cut As The New Conan”, Lang: Conan Movie Not “Tongue-In-Cheek”, and Action Shots of Jason Momoa as Conan. For Game of Thrones: Update on Cast Changes for “Game of Thrones”.
- Ben Browder has also been in the news with two of his projects: The CW’s new fall series Hellcats and the new web-based series Naught for Hire. Although he was in the pilot for Hellcats, Browder has decided to pass on playing his character in the series since he’s got some film projects he’s working on. For Naught for Hire, we found an early quote of his. This series will begin filming later this summer and be ready for premiere in December.
- The SG-1 character-specific comic book series kicks off with Stargate: Vala Mal Doran #1, which includes an introduction by Claudia Black.
- Torri Higginson will be in the new Syfy movie Stonehenge Apocalypse on June 12. We’ve posted a preview of that movie, but Higginson’s not in it.
- We posted a Sci Fi Wire video interview with Amanda Tapping wherein she talks about her new hit series Sanctuary and how she’s become a fan of science fiction.
- FOX’s hit series 24 is ending its eight-year run this season. There were several Canadian actors who made their appearances over the life of the series. We linked to an article that mentions them in Salute to Canadians Who Appeared on “24”. Michael Shanks, Justin Louis (Louis Ferreira of SGU), and Carlo Rota stand out on this list.
- Jewel Staite wrapped filming The Doomsday Scrolls on the 20th. Her co-star A.J. Buckley published a wrap-day photo with the two of them sharing an umbrella.
- Before he was Jack O’Neill, Richard Dean Anderson was Angus MacGyver. A new movie featuring the character is in the works, and they’ve just hired the screenwriter. There hasn’t been any news on whether or not RDA is involved with this project.
For news as it happens, make sure to visit the Stargate Twitter Superfeed for tidbits directly from the Stargate stars and production crew. And don’t forget our new feature Beyond the Event Horizon, which consists of “home pages” with dynamic feeds from our LJ and Blog for the stars of SG-1 and Atlantis.
Our LJ Companion has news bites, polls, and glimpses into the lives of the actors that we don’t necessarily cover here in our more formal news blog. Make sure to visit the LJ’s feed on our front page or visit the site directly to see its mostly fun little tidbits.
For the latest in convention appearances, which are subject to change, make sure to visit Stargate Actor Appearances.