Difference between revisions of "3.05 "Learning Curve" Episode Guide"
m (→Guest Stars)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Latest revision as of 21:57, 10 November 2007
As part of an exchange program with the planet Orban, O'Neill travels to Earth with an alien girl who possesses incredible technical knowledge. But by the time O'Neill discovers the truth behind the child's superior mind…it may be too late for them all.
Guide | Transcript
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
In the pursuit of knowledge, Colonel Jack O'Neill, Teal'c, and Dr. Daniel Jackson travel to the planet Orban as part of an exchange program. Daniel and Teal'c remain on the planet—Daniel to study an ancient mosaic pattern on the floor of their Stargate room that he hopes will explain the origin of the Orbanian people, and Teal'c to prepare the Orbanians, should they ever encounter the Goa'uld, by sharing his knowledge with them.
O'Neill travels back to Earth with a young Orbanian girl, Merrin, and her chaperone, Kalan, to present the SGC with a valuable Naquadah reactor. All are surprised when it is the young Merrin who volunteers to stay at the SGC and teach Major Samantha Carter how to build such a complicated technical device. As Carter and O'Neill spend more time with Merrin, they become aware that she is not a typical 11-year-old. She is incredibly knowledgeable, but has no understanding of fun or play.
O'Neill and the rest of SG-1 uncover the truth behind Merrin's intelligence, and how it will effect her and the other children of Orban. He defies orders and sets out to change Merrin's fate by taking her off base, to show her the value of what her childhood could be like and what she has been missing.
- Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill
- Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Amanda Tapping as Capt. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Don S. Davis as Gen. George Hammond
- Brittney Irvin as Merrin
- Andrew Airlie as Kalan
- Lachlan Murdoch as Tomin
- Stephanie Shea as Solen
- Diane Stapley as Mrs. Struble
- Rob Farrell as Guard
- Sarah Goodwill as Student
- Laara Sadiq as Technician
- Season Three Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 3.05 "Learning Curve" Transcript
- Previous: 3.04 "Legacy" Episode Guide
- Next: 3.06 "Point Of View" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Three Discussion Board
- Solutions Many Voices Ratings and Reviews
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season Three (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Three
- The Stargate SG-1 Compendium
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Three
--Kylie Lee 18:31, 28 Jun 2004 (PDT)