SGA 5.02 "The Seed" Episode Guide
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
The official summary is not available as this episode has not yet aired in the United States.
- Joe Flanigan as Lt. Col. John Sheppard
- Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan
- Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex
- Jewel Staite as Dr. Jennifer Keller
- Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey
- and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
The following are links to images concerning the production of this episode and were published by Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog:
- Concept Art: Dr. Keller's Bedside Table Lighting Dimmer (February 14, 2008)
- Candid: Paul McGillion in for his fitting (February 27, 2008)
- Candid: David Hewlett in costume (February 29, 2008)
- Candid: Paul McGillion in costume and director William Waring (February 29, 2008)
- Candid: Jewel Staite in costume (February 29, 2008)
- Candid: Director Will Waring makes an "ewww" face at something that he's holding up that looks like a shed skin or some kind of Wraith organic material (March 6, 2008)
The following are links to images concerning the production of this episdoe and were published by David Nykl in his personal blog:
- Candid: David Nykl, Robert Picardo, and Paul McGillion in their character costumes (February 29, 2008)
- On Set: Crew working on the set as seen from the Stargate (February 29, 2008)
- Season Five Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- Season Five Transcripts
- Previous: SGA 5.01 "Search And Rescue Part 2" Episode Guide
- Next: SGA 5.03 "Broken Ties" Episode Guide
- "We know where we’ll be going with the first two episodes and it looks like the idea Carl pitched out today will find the third slot. After that, it’s wide open although, there are a couple of ideas that look very promising." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, November 1, 2007.
- "Will Waring came by the offices today, looking well-rested from the hiatus and raring to tackle episode #2. He talked backstory with Paul who suggested he review Kindred I, Kindred II, and The Last Man." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, January 21, 2008.
- "Production Designer James Robbins swung by the offices to show us some of the concept art for the first three episodes. [...] Paul commented on The Seed (The wraith walls are a light brown but we light them purple. All the same, he thought the shading was too light.). — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, January 24, 2008.
- "I told her [Jewel Staite] she’d have to get in for 4:00 a.m. every morning so that prosthetics could get an early jump on the body cast process which would take about 3-4 hours. “The trick is not to breathe too much or let the latex touch your skin,” I advised, “as it’s not only toxic but highly corrosive. Anyway, relax and have fun with it.” She wasn’t sure whether I was kidding or not." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, February 11, 2008.
- "Despite the delay, I got in about five minutes before the prosthetics meeting. We discussed upcoming episodes Whispers, The Daedalus Variations, The Seed, and Broken Ties. Among the subjects covered: visual versus practical effects, stunt people vs. acrobats, fog, elements of the visual we saw in Spoils of War, yogurt, and, of course, methacil." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, February 12, 2008.
- "Paul is prepping his episode (The Seed)..." — Jospeh Mallozzi in his personal blog, February 20, 2008.
- "Said hello Paul McGillion back who dropped by the production offices on his way to his wardrobe fitting for The Seed." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, February 27, 2008.
- March 6's shooting included McKay in a hazmat suit, according to David Hewlett's twitter entry.
- "We're at episode 2 of season 5 [“The Seed”]. We're making Jewel's life misery right now, which is a nice change for me. I'm noticing a theme to season 5, which is a lot of people strapped to beds. So there's a little teaser of season 5. Season 5: A Season in Bed." — David Hewlett in About.com interview, March 7, 2008.
- "I got a call from Paul McGillion yesterday who touched base to thank us for The Seed and tell me how much he’s looking forward to Whispers. Of course he says that now but his upbeat tune could change once those smog machines start running overtime." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 13, 2008.
- "Will Waring is working on his director’s cut of The Seed." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 13, 2008.
- "The Seed is a standalone episode." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 14, 2008.
- "We also sat down to a director’s cut of The Seed. Great episode. Poor Zelenka." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 19, 2008.
- Joseph Mallozzi's Blog
- David Nykl's Blog
- David Hewlett's Twitter
- About.com interview with David Hewlett, March 7, 2008.
--DeeKayP 11:14, 25 January 2008 (PST)