SGU 2.07 "The Greater Good" Episode Guide
Dr. Rush and Col. Young are stranded aboard an alien ship.
Guide | Transcript
MGM/Syfy.com Official Summary
Official summary is not available as this episode has not yet aired in the United States.
Dr. Rush and Col. Young are stranded aboard an alien ship.
Destiny comes upon a heavily damaged ship floating in space. Dr. Rush suggests that the alien vessel be explored in the hopes of salvaging any worthwhile data or technology. Without a shuttle, Rush and Col. Young must make a dangerous space-suited expedition to the derelict ship. Once safely aboard, they discover that the ship contains empty pods similar to those they encountered on the seed ship. As Dr. Rush gets the life support and power running, the ship's engines suddenly engage, propelling it away from Destiny. With the power now depleted the ships drift helplessly apart.
Unwilling to tell everyone that he has partial control of the Destiny, Rush claims he has been working on a program to manually fire Destiny's thrusters. Because of the complexity of the program he suggests Dr. Amanda Perry be brought on board via the communication stones to help. Once aboard, Rush covertly informs her of his success with Destiny's master code and directs her to the bridge. With Rush's help, Perry is able to steer Destiny back to the damaged ship. But when Eli unearths their plan, the big secret is revealed much to Rush's chagrin – especially when Young finds out.
- Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush
- Louis Ferreira as Col. Everett Young
- Brian J. Smith as 1st Lt. Matthew Scott
- Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong
- David Blue as Eli Wallace
- Alaina Huffman as 1st Lt. Tamara Johansen
- Jamil Walker Smith as MSgt. Ronald Greer
- Written by Carl Binder
- Directed by William Waring
- Stargate Universe: Season Two
- Previous: SGU 2.06 "Trial And Error" Episode Guide
- Next: SGU 2.08 "Malice" Episode Guide
- Greater Good MGM Official Website: Search Results for "The Greater Good"
- Syfy: 2.07 "The Greater Good" Guide
- "In other writerly news, Paul and Carl are brainstorming #6 and #7, while Rob and Remi look to tackle #8 and #9." — Joseph Mallozzi, February 11, 2010
- "Carl is well. He handed in his first draft of The Greater Good this afternoon." — Joseph Mallozzi, March 24, 2010
- "Carl put out his revised writer’s draft of The Greater Good late this afternoon." — Joseph Mallozzi, April 13, 2010
- PG15 writes: "So, which episode in the 1st half of the 2nd season was once the elusive 17th episode of the 1st season?" Answer: "Episode 7, The Greater Good." — Joseph Mallozzi, April 30, 2010 ("A drastically modified form of the story will figure into the first half of season two." — December 18, 2009)
- "Carl is prepping episode #7, The Greater Good. You know, the one in which secrets will finally be revealed." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 14, 2010
- "Sure, I could give you a production update, tell you that ... Carl was on set for Day #1 of The Greater Good..." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 18, 2010
- Karen writes: "Just letting you know in case you care. I was almost ready to give up on SGU because I didn’t actually like any of the characters but then Amanda Perry was introduced in the episode Sabotage. She’s the first character on SGU that I`ve really really liked and I loved her interactions with Rush. I really hope you find a way to bring her back as a recurring character because I think she would make a great addition to the cast." Answer: "Coincidentally, guess who’s on set today." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 18, 2010
- "Even with the expected tightening, Paul will be hard-pressed not to lose some scenes (the first two off the top, the discussion that may find a home in Carl’s episode) ... Carl’s on set hanging with the guest stars for his episode, The Greater Good." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 27, 2010
- "We screened back to back director’s cuts today: episode 207 (The Greater Good) and episode 208 (Malice). Great stuff. This first half will see a narrative progression very similar to what we saw in the back half of season one, with various story elements building to occasionally explosive conclusions. Plenty of secrets, surprises, and shocking revelations." — Joseph Mallozzi, June 14, 2010
- "Adding some extra shots for "The Greater Good"......fantastic episode-season 2!!!" — James Bamford, Twitter, June 17, 2010
- "There’s a great down and dirty fight sequence in episode 7 of season 2." — Joseph Mallozzi, July 1, 2010
- "In an episode titled 'The Greater Good,' there is a major confrontation between Rush and Young where they realize that, if things keep going as they are, they will be stuck together until one of them dies so they might as well try and get along." — Cinema Blend SDCC report, July 23, 2010
- In an interview at San Diego Comic Con, Robert Carlyle said that there are three episodes that define much of what is going on with Rush in Season Two: "The Greater Good", "Malice", and "Twin Destinies". In "The Greater Good", Rush and Young are alone on a ship where they have several pages of dialogue (11-page scene and 6-page scene) in which Rush tells Young everything: has control of the ship, has been steering it, that there is a mission. — Comics Online SDCC Video Interview, posted July 25, 2010
- "I can’t tell you what the mission is, but I can tell you there is a mission and it’s massive. The clue is in the title of the ship. Destiny. The ship is named that for a reason and perhaps all of these people are there for a reason. It starts to really become an adventure." — Robert Carlyle, The Flick Cast Interview, July 27, 2010
- There's a "game changer" when Rush and Young go alone together to investigate an abandoned ship. Rush confesses that he's steering the ship, that there is a mission and a destination, and that they'll never get home. Rush reveals the "mind boggling" news that they may be discovering the beginning of time itself. — LA Times SDCC Video Interview, posted July 30, 2010
- Rush actually gets Young on his side in a very sneaky fashion, according to Robert Carlyle. — Collider interview, posted August 2, 2010
- "We’ve been deluged with mixes! Awakening yesterday, Malice today, and The Greater Good tomorrow." — Joseph Mallozzi, August 24, 2010
- Joseph Mallozzi's Blog
- James Bamford's Twitter
- Cinema Blend: Comic Con: Stargate Universe Panel Releases Details from Season Two, July 23, 2010
- Comics Online: SDCC Video Interviews with Robert Carlyle, Ming-Na, David Blue, Alaina Huffman, and Robert C. Cooper, posted July 25, 2010
- The Flick Cast: SDCC10: Robert Carlyle Takes on Sci-Fi and Season Two of ‘SGU’, July 27, 2010
- LA Times Blog: Robert Carlyle and David Blue on 'Stargate,' its future, and Comic-Con, July 20, 2010
- Collider: Robert Carlyle Exclusive Video Interview STARGATE UNIVERSE, August 2, 2010
--DeeKayP 04:09, 14 March 2010 (UTC)