Difference between revisions of "SGU 2.13 "Alliances" Episode Guide"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Category:Universe Episode Guides|213]]
[[Category:Universe Episode Guides|213]]
== Précis ==
== Précis ==
Latest revision as of 18:40, 27 March 2011
MGM/Syfy.com Official Summary
While trying to understanding what went wrong with the attempt to dial Earth from inside the star, Homeworld Command sends two officials, Senator Michaels and Dr. Andrew Covel, a scientist who has worked with Rush, to Destiny via Camile and Greer's bodies. The Senator grills everyone onboard about the veracity of Rush's timeline story and shows her strong disdain for the incompetence of the entire crew. Chloe, whom the Senator has known since she was a baby, attempts to change Michaels's mind, but her opinions are firm.
Greer and Camile, meanwhile, have a rough introduction to Earth due to a heightened terrorist threat from the Lucian Alliance - a massive attack is imminent and they must head for safety immediately. Greer fumes at Camile for forcing him to leave Destiny, but before Camile has a chance to tell him it was for his own mental health, an alarm sounds - Camile runs for the exit, but Greer recognizes that they don't have time and forces them both under cover.
When the two eventually crawl out of the rubble, they come across an airman, miraculously alive, and a radio with which to contact Telford. He informs them that a cloaked Lucian ship crashed into Homeworld Command, and all their intelligence suggests that another hit, probably in the form of a radioactive bomb, is believed to be in the building. Camile insists that, since no one can get in to rescue them and they can't get out, she, Greer and the airman must attempt to defuse the bomb that was onboard the cloaked ship. Telford protests, but there is no other option available.
Destiny, meanwhile, drops out of FTL and the communication stone connection is severed. Michaels and Covel see the wreckage at Homeworld Command and understand that the levels of radiation to which they've already been exposed are lethal. Onboard, Camile has just enough time to spit out the information to Young that she and Greer are attempting to defuse a Lucian bomb.
Varro, one of the Lucian soldiers onboard, offers his expertise on how to defuse the bomb, and though Young is skeptical both because of the man's origin as well as his budding relationship with TJ, he accepts the help. Michaels and Covel prepare to take this information back to their own bodies to defuse the bomb - but the connection cannot be severed. Rush soon discovers that Covel has disrupted the logarithm that controls the connection so that he wouldn't have to return to a condemned body. The realization that corruption is stronger in her team than aboard Destiny changes Michaels's opinion of the viability of the mission. She orders Rush to amend the logarithm and Covel to submit to having his connection severed. They return to their bodies and save hundreds of thousands of lives by neutralizing the alien bomb.
Greer and Camile, recovering from their near-death experience, have a newfound respect for, and understanding of, each other. They offer comfort to one another as their lonely but desperately important mission continues.
Modified by Solutions.
- Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush
- Louis Ferreira as Col. Everett Young
- Brian J. Smith as 1st Lt. Matthew Scott
- Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong
- David Blue as Eli Wallace
- Alaina Huffman as 1st Lt. Tamara Johansen
- Jamil Walker Smith as MSgt. Ronald Greer
Special Guest Star:
- Mike Dopud as Varro
- Morgan David Jones as Airman Evans
- Peter Kelamis as Adam Brody
- Patrick Gilmore as Dr. Dale Volker
- with French Stewart as Dr. Andrew Covel
- and Lou Diamond Phillips as Col. David Telford
- Stargate Universe: Season Two
- Previous: SGU 2.12 "Twin Destinies" Episode Guide
- Next: SGU 2.14 "Hope" Episode Guide
- "Linda, meanwhile, gets her turn at the whiteboard in the coming days when we’ll spin and break her eppy." — Joseph Mallozzi, March 17, 2010
- "Today, we broke Linda’s story (episode 13), which explores the relationship of two of my very favorite characters..." — Joseph Mallozzi, March 24, 2010
- "Linda puts out the outline for Alliances. I file it away for later perusal." — Joseph Mallozzi, April 16, 2010
- "Linda is working on a first draft of her script (what was that title again?)" — Joseph Mallozzi, May 3, 2010
- "Lisa continues work on her first draft of Alliances..." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 12, 2010
- "I suspect we’ll be seeing a first draft of episode #13, Alliances, sometime soon. This one explores one of the more interesting relationships aboard Destiny and I’m eager to see what Linda does with it." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 14, 2010
- "Linda delivered her first draft of Alliances..." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 18, 2010
- "Linda is working on her rewrite of Alliances..." — Joseph Mallozzi, May 27, 2010
- Don writes: "One thing I’ve been curious to see is a story where someone uses the stones to come to Earth and something big is happening there." Answer: "Like in season two’s Alliances?" — Joseph Mallozzi, July 11, 2010
- "Today’s random Stargate: Universe potential spoiler/teaser… " Image — Joseph Mallozzi, August 10, 2010
- "...with Paul prepping Alliances, my presence will be required on set to make sure actor Peter Kelamis doesn’t finish off all the craft service sandwiches again. Still, I should have the script – with its A, B, C, and D stories – in pretty good shape by the end of August." — Joseph Mallozzi, August 12, 2010
- "As Brad pointed out, the actor playing the part of Dr. Andrew Covel in episode #213 brings to four the number of guest stars who also appeared in the original Stargate movie." — Joseph Mallozzi, August 20, 2010
- "My writing partner, Paul, was also in bright and early to supervise the on-set action on Alliances. After our breakfast chat and updates, he headed down to Stage 6 to negotiate the rubble while I headed over to join the location scout for The Hunt." — Joseph Mallozzi, August 26, 2010
- "Kathleen Quinlan (Apollo 13) stars as Senator Michaels, who replaced the late Senator Armstrong as the new head of the off-world spending committee. French Stewart (3rd Rock From The Sun) guest stars as Dr. Andrew Covel, the new head of research at Stargate Command." — Syfy Press Release, September 16, 2010
- "In season one, we set the groundwork for the series and tried to give each of our main players a spotlight episode (in Greer’s case, it was Lost). As we headed into season two, we broke down our stories and ensured that each main character would have one (or more) spotlight episodes. When it comes time to lining these episodes up in the production schedule, their placement is dictated by the overall season arc and ongoing storylines, so even if one character may seem light in the first half of the season, that won’t be the case for the second half. In the case of Greer, he’s got two big episodes in season 2 (in addition to a lot of terrific beats and throughlines in other episodes), but you’ll have to wait until the back half to see them: episode #213, Alliances, and episode #216, The Hunt. In fact, one of the things SyFy’s Erika Kennair remarked on during her last visit to the Stargate set was the significant development in both the Greer and T.J. characters this season." — Joseph Mallozzi, November 16, 2010
- Joseph Mallozzi's Blog
- Solutions: Syfy Press Release Names Guest Stars for SGU S2, September 16, 2010
- Solutions: Stargate Universe: 2.13 "Alliances", March 21, 2011
--DeeKayP 02:21, 28 May 2010 (UTC)