SGA 5.13 "Inquisition" Episode Guide
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
Leaders from the human populations of many worlds have formed an official alliance and extend an invitation to Lt. Col. John Sheppard and his team to represent Atlantis at their next meeting. But on arrival, the team is immediately detained in a concrete cell and Sheppard is brought before three council members—Kelore of Latira, Shiana of the Tribes of Santhal, and Dimas of the Free Peoples of Riva—to stand trial for crimes against the indigenous peoples of the Pegasus Galaxy.
Richard Woolsey, meanwhile, receives a visit from Myrus, a representative from the new coalition of planets, who advises him that Sheppard and the others are being made to answer for the deaths of millions throughout the galaxy. Outraged, Woolsey demands that Myrus bring him to his people, confident he can take on their defense and secure their freedom. But it quickly becomes clear that even Woolsey’s formidable legal and diplomatic skills may not be enough to save the Atlantis expedition from a guilty verdict.
- Joe Flanigan as Lt. Col. John Sheppard
- Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan
- Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex
- Jewel Staite as Dr. Jennifer Keller
- Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey
- and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
- Kavan Smith as Maj. Lorne
- Alan Blumenfeld as Dimas of the Free Peoples of Riva
- Tobias Slezak as Myrus
- Kelore of Latira
- Shiana of the Tribes of Santhal
- Season Five Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- Season Five Transcripts
- Previous: SGA 5.12 "Outsiders" Episode Guide
- Next: SGA 5.14 "The Prodigal" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Five Discussion Board
- Solutions News and Spoiler Blog
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Five
The following are links to images and videos concerning the production of this episode and were published by Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog:
- Concept Drawings: Inquisition Cell (May 21, 2008)
- Google Video: Carl Binder leads a tour of the SGC set, including the Council Chamber from this episode (August 29, 2008)
- MGM: Robert Picardo Talks About 'Inquisition', posted October 25, 2008.
- "Alex has been hard at work on his very first Atlantis script, Inquisition, that will address an issue a number of you have brought up of late." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 20, 2008.
- "I’ve mentioned episodes 1-11 in recent blog entries and even mentioned the back half eppy, Inquisition, that Alex Levine is writing." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 22, 2008.
- AMZ writes: "I have a question about Inquisition. Will there be clips from previous episodes in it?" Answer: "Looks like it." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, March 23, 2008.
- "Alex Levine’s Inquisition (in which Atlantis is finally made to answer for past transgressions)..." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, April 29, 2008.
- "[Paul McGillion] was here to shoot one scene from the episode we start on Friday ('Outsiders' is it?) and the rest of the day is 'Inquisition'." — David Hewlett in his blog, June 4, 2008.
- "Say hi to the incredibly genial Alan Blumenfeld who is guest-starring in Inquisition. Chat with Tobias Slezak, also guesting in Inquisition." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, June 4, 2008.
- "On tap tomorrow: director’s cuts of Inquisition and First Contact, and a Day 2 Mix of Broken Ties." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, June 10, 2008.
- "Then, it was back upstairs where we watched the Brenton’s director’s cut of Inquisition." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, June 11, 2008.
- "There's a great episode called "Inquisition" which is coming up later in the year where [Woolsey] has to basically defend the program. And I think he does it very well." — Martin Gero in Gateworld interview, published June 26, 2008.
- "We did an episode that is a war crimes trial and Woolsey has to defend Atlantis in court. Woolsey has 9 pages of dialogue." — Robert Picardo on his most difficult episode to-date, io9 interview, July 26, 2008.
- Shawna Buchanan writes: “Why is it that the good guys are such pricks?” Answer: "The Atlantis expedition is asked just that question (more or less) in season 5’s Inquisition." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, August 18, 2008.
- MrsB108 writes: “Does “Inquisition” show us the inner workings of Sheppard’s thoughts and well-kept guilt?” Answers: "No. You’ll have to wait until Remnants for that." — Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog, August 26, 2008.
- Joseph Mallozzi's Blog
- Solutions: SGA S5 Spoilers: "Inquisition", May 20, 2008.
- David Hewlett's Blog, June 4, 2008.
- Gateworld: "Landmarks", interview with Martin Gero, published June 26, 2008.
- io9: Stargate Atlantis: The Crew of Stargate Atlantis Answers Your Questions, July 26, 2008.
- Alex Levine's scifi.com blog, October 20, 2008.
- Solutions: "Inquisition": The Road to Hell. . ., October 24, 2008.
- MGM: Robert Picardo Talks About 'Inquisition', video posted October 25, 2008.
- MGM: Behind the Scenes: Inquisition, October 27, 2008.
--DeeKayP 06:43, 22 May 2008 (PDT)