Category:Stargate Atlantis Team
SummaryStargate Atlantis Expedition Team is an international group of civilian scientists and engineers and U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) personnel who were assigned originally to study the Ancients' Antarctic Outpost. Once Dr. Daniel Jackson discovered the location of the Lost City of the Ancients, Atlantis, in the Pegasus Galaxy, the team became an exploratory group, under the leadership of Dr. Elizabeth Weir. Dr. Weir was lost to the Pegasus Replicators (Asurans) and replaced by Col. Samantha Carter at the end of the Expedition's third year. Carter was replaced after one year by IOA representative Richard Woolsey. (The Expedition's adventures are chronicled in the spin-off Stargate Atlantis.)
Stargate SG-1 References
Stargate SG-1 episodes in which the Atlantis Expedition team or the Pegasus Galaxy have been mentioned since Dr. Weir's team stepped through the Stargate are as follows:
- 8.04 "Zero Hour" - The SGC was led to the location of a Zero Point Module (ZPM) power supply which might have been used to power up the Stargate once again to get to the Pegasus Galaxy, but the ZPM was booby-trapped to cause an explosion when electrical current was introduced.
- 8.11 "Gemini" - The Prometheus was given Asgard hyperdrive technology which was intended to be used on a rescue mission to the Pegasus Galaxy.
- 8.12 "Prometheus Unbound" - Gen. George Hammond commanded the Prometheus on the rescue mission to the Pegasus Galaxy, but en route, they answered a distress call. Their mission to the Pegasus Galaxy had to be aborted after the Prometheus suffered severe hull damage which would prevent the ship from entering hyperspace. They had to return to Earth for repairs.
- 8.19 "Moebius" Part 1" - Dr. Daniel Jackson discovered the existence of a Zero Point Module (ZPM) in Ancient Egypt in 3000 B.C., and Gen. Jack O'Neill and SG-1 used an Ancient timeship to go back in time to retrieve it. The Daedalus, a new class of star ship more advanced than the Prometheus, was being tested in order to launch a rescue to the Pegasus Galaxy.
- 8.20 "Moebius Part 2" - Gen. Jack O'Neill and SG-1 were successful in their time traveling adventure and the ZPM they discovered in Ancient Egypt was used to power the Stargate to the Pegasus Galaxy (Stargate Atlantis: 1.20 "The Siege Part 2").
- 9.01 "Avalon Part 1" - Dr. Daniel Jackson was packing because he was reassigned to go to Atlantis as the "world's foremost expert on the Ancients." He was to get to Atlantis by way of the Daedalus, but missed the flight due to a major interruption in the person of Vala Mal Doran. Daniel investigated a tablet brought by Vala for him to decode and used part of the Ancient database from Atlantis in making his discovery that Merlin of King Arthur fame was one of the Ancients who returned to Earth 10,000 years ago. This information was used to discover Merlin's hidden treasure of Avalon in the Glastonbury Tor in England.
- 9.02 "Avalon Part 2" - Daniel mentioned the war with the Wraith which the Ancients lost 10,000 years ago and which prompted their abandoning Atlantis to return to Earth.
- 9.04 "The Ties That Bind" - The Senate Appropriations Committee decided to cut the SGC's funding in order to divert the funds to the building of Daedalus-class starships and reaping the rewards of the technological gains already made through the Stargate Program. This reduction also included a change in the SGC's function: the elimination of new exploration and the designation of the SGC as a support platform for the Atlantis Expedition. The alternative given to Gen. Hank Landry, the new commander of the SGC, was to accept the funding of an International Oversight Advisory (IOA) which also included a civilian watchdog.
- 9.09 "Prototype" - Dr. Carolyn Lam, the SGC's new Chief Medical Officer, mentioned the genetic history of the Ancients retrieved from the Ancient database in Atlantis.
- 9.13 "Ripple Effect" - An alternate reality version of SG-1 created a confluence through the Kallana Singularity where several alternate realities converged into SG-1's. They devised a plan to steal the Prometheus and take it to the Pegasus Galaxy to steal the ZPM which was powering and protecting Atlantis in order to power up their reality's Antarctic Outpost to defend their Earth from the Ori. Their plan was discovered and they were sent back to their own reality empty-handed.
- 9.15 "Ethon" - Gen. Landry had the Daedalus re-route their return trip from Atlantis in order to investigate why contact was lost with the people of Tegalus after SGC personnel left that planet having survived the destruction of the Prometheus. The crew of the Daedalus reported that it appeared that the planet's two warring countries destroyed each other and their Stargate was most likely buried in the rubble.
- 9.20 "Camelot Part 2" - Upon discovering that the Ori had successfully built a Super Stargate ("Supergate") in the galaxy, Earth sent the Odyssey and the Korolev, but couldn't send the Daedalus because it was still in the Pegasus Galaxy. The two Daedalus-class ships joined allied fleets from the Asgard, the Free Jaffa, and Lucian Alliance to battle the first wave of the Ori's invasion comprised of four Ori Warships.
- 10.01 "Flesh And Blood Part 3" - Richard Woolsey of the International Oversight Advisory (IOA) proposed taking the ZPM from Atlantis to power the Antarctic Outpost defenses in case the Ori attacked Earth, but this idea was dismissed by Gen. Landry.
- 10.02 "Morpheus" - In the search for Merlin's anti-Ori weapon, the Sangreal, on Vagonbrei, Daniel discovered that there might be more information about the weapon in Atlantis's database and suggested going there to check it out. Merlin himself was an Atlantian Ancient who returned to Earth 10,000 years ago, ascended, and then retook human form in order to develop this weapon.
- 10.03 "The Pegasus Project" - The team went to the Pegasus Galaxy onboard the Odyssey. While Daniel and Vala interacted with the Ascended Being Morgan Le Fay concerning Merlin's weapon, the rest of the team successfully engineered a connection between a Stargate in the Pegasus Galaxy near a black hole with the Ori's Supergate in the Milky Way Galaxy. This connection was made indefinite because the power of the black holes keeps each 'gate operational. Additionally, an Ori warship was caught in the unstable vortex of the Supergate and destroyed.
- 10.14 "The Shroud" - General Jack O'Neill commanded that the Daedalus detonate a Mark IX Gatebuster bomb at the Stargate in the Pegasus Galaxy that had a connection to the Supergate in the Milky Way so that the wormhole would be disengaged. This was done so that SG-1 could send Merlin's weapon through the Supergate to the Ori's home galaxy to eliminate the Ascended Ori. The success of the detonation has not yet been determined, but more warships came through the Supergate once it became available to them again. Although not mentioned outright, the ZPM on the Odyssey was from the Ancients' visit to Atlantis shortly beforehand, and this power source boosted the ship's shields and also made it possible for Daniel/Merlin to create a cloak that was undetectable by the Ori (see Stargate Atlantis: 3.12 "Echoes" for references to the Odyssey's being given the ZPM).
Pages in category "Stargate Atlantis Team"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.