We’ll update this article if something comes to our attention during the week. Also, if you’ve got more to add, please don’t hesitate to announce them in the comment section below.
|Stargate Universe on Sky One at 8 PM with “Alliances.”
NEW TIME! Stargate Universe on Syfy at 9 PM ET with “Epilogue.”
Amanda Tapping‘s Sanctuary moves to its new night and time! Starting tonight, Sanctuary follows SGU on Syfy at 10 PM ET.
|Stargate Universe on SPACE at 10 PM ET with “Epilogue.”
Joe Flanigan‘s family movie Change of Plans is released on DVD today! Check for it at your local Walmart store.
|Fedcon XX starts today and runs until May 1. Stargate guests include Richard Dean Anderson, Paul McGillion, Marina Sirtis, Nicole de Boer, Tony Amendola, and Kate Hewlett. Make sure to visit the website for more details.|
|NEW DAY! Stargate Universe on Australia’s SciFi at 8:30 PM with “Epilogue.”|
|Brian J. Smith will be appearing in the off-Broadway play Little Black Dress. From Broadway World: “LITTLE BLACK DRESS – a new play by Ronan Noone, whose play THE ATHEIST starring Campbell Scott enjoyed considerable success Off-Broadway in 2008 – will be given its New York premiere this spring Off-Broadway, with previews set to begin Sunday, May 1 prior to an official press opening on Thursday, May 5 at Theatre at St. Clement’s (423 W. 46 St.) in Manhattan. Presented by The Exchange – an Off-Broadway theatre company specializing in new work – LITTLE BLACK DRESS is directed by Ari Edelson. Featured in the cast of LITTLE BLACK DRESS are Nina Hellman, Tobias Segal, Brian J. Smith and Dan Oreskes. With hints of A DOLL’S HOUSE and Sam Shepard, LITTLE BLACK DRESS — a funny, dark and poignant look at the sacrifices one makes when one leaves behind all that is familiar — LITTLE BLACK DRESS is set in a household in rural Blue River where Amy Beaudreaux lives with her boorish husband, their slacker pot-smoking son and his buddy, a gigolo.”
Beau Bridges returns tonight in his recurring role as Nick Brody in ABC’s Brothers & Sisters at 10:01 PM ET. The episode is called “For Better or for Worse” and is summarized in this press release provided by Futon Critic: “After Sarah confronts Brody about his being her father, she decides she no longer wants him to be a part of her life or Nora’s, but Nora just can’t seem to let him go. Meanwhile, Olivia struggles with the new addition of baby Daniel to the family.”
News Flashes and Brief Follow-Ups
- Franchise – With news that the Stargate franchise as we know it will end in a few weeks with the airing of SGU’s final episode “Gauntlet,” executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has begun to look back on his time with the productions, starting in Season Four of Stargate SG-1. He’s posting a series of entries dedicated to each season that he and writing partner Paul Mullie were in Vancouver, a place that they thought they would only be for a couple of years! Start reading his “Days of Stargate Past” in his April 22nd and April 23rd entries. Sadly, these reminiscent entries were sparked by the fact that they will start “de-rigging” Stage 5: “Stage 5, as you may or may not know, was home to Stargate: Universe’s Icarus base but, for many, many years before that, it held the standing sets for Stargate: SG-1: the SGC corridors, the infirmary, the control room, the briefing, Hammond’s office (later occupied by O’Neill, then Landry) and, of course, the gate room. Sad times indeed.”
Stargate Universe News
- Actors…Beyond the Event Horizon – Alaina Huffman has been added to this exclusive Solutions feature! More SGU actor pages will be added over the next few weeks.
- Lou Diamond Phillips will be making a couple of appearances as himself in ABC’s Cougar Town, starting May 4. Visit Examiner for more details.
- Alaina Huffman is the host for the After Show for MTV’s 16 and Pregnant. Visit the website for actual episodes.
Solutions News Blog Round-Up
Our News Blog posts since the last Stargate Planner (most recent listed first):
- Stargate Universe “Common Descent” Ratings
- Stargate Universe: 2.17 “Common Descent”
- Brad Wright: Stargate Movies Won’t Happen
Solutions LJ Companion Background Articles
Last week, we posted a few background articles in our LJ Companion that you might be interested in. The articles listed in this section don’t have a companion piece in our News Blog here:
- Mallozzi’s Stargate Memories (April 23, 2011)
- Joe Mallozzi Starts Down Stargate Memory Lane
- Syfy Moves “Sanctuary” to Follow SGU on Monday Nights
- Jason Momoa Video Interview About “Game of Thrones” (embedded)
- Momoa: “I’m Not Imitating Schwarzenegger”
- Phillips, Dacascos Presenters at Thousand Hearts Benefit Concert
- HBO Renews “Game of Thrones” for a Second Season!
- Vote in Our SGU “Common Descent” Poll
For news as it happens, make sure to visit the Stargate Twitter Superfeed for tidbits directly from the Stargate stars and production crew. And don’t forget our new feature Beyond the Event Horizon, which consists of “home pages” with dynamic feeds from our LJ and Blog for the stars of SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe (SGU actors are currently being added).
Our LJ Companion has news bites, polls, and glimpses into the lives of the actors that we don’t necessarily cover here in our more formal news blog. Make sure to visit the LJ’s feed on our front page or visit the site directly to see its mostly fun little tidbits.
For the latest in convention appearances, which are subject to change, make sure to visit Stargate Actor Appearances.