Castiana / Taoth Vaclarush
Castiana, known by the Ancients as Taoth Vaclarush, was an Ancient city that could hold the key to finding the Sangreal.
- Names and Designations: Castiana; Taoth Vaclarush
- Number of Suns: Unknown
- Number of Moons: Unknown
- Source of Address: Morgan Le Fay
- Introduced in Episode: 9.20 "Camelot Part 2"
- Earth Cultural/Technological Equivalent: Toxic; former Ancient colony
- Main Interest: Anti-ascended weapon invented by Merlin (Sangreal)
- Influenced/Dominated by: Ancients
- History of Stargate: Unknown
Uncertain which glyphs go to which planet. See image above.
Geopolitical and Structural History
Castiana was named by Meurik of Camelot as one of the places Arthur and knights went to in their quest for the Sangreal (9.20 "Camelot Part 2"). During a visit to Atlantis, Daniel Jackson discovered the location of Castiana (10.03 "The Pegasus Project"). Morgan Le Fay, in the guise of the avatar she created while still a Lantian, translated Castiana to its Ancient equivalent, Taoth Vaclarush, and gave the coordinates for it and another Ancient location, Sahal.
When the SGC investigated the location, the toxic atmosphere of the planet slowed exploration down considerably (10.04 "Insiders").
After the search of the planet came up empty, Daniel Jackson continued to do research (10.10 "The Quest Part 1"). When lines were drawn graphically between Castiana, Sahal, and Vagonbrei combined with Camelot ended up forming a tetrahedron, a perfect pyramid. In addition, parts of those gate addresses combined gave a new separate address— the location of the Sangreal.
- Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Camelot (PX1-767)
- Sahal / Valos Cor
--Aurora 18:32, 5 August 2006 (PDT)