10.03 "The Pegasus Project" Episode Guide
An Ascended Ancient breaks her vow of non-interference to give Daniel vital information that could make the difference in the fight against the Ori. Meanwhile, the rest of SG-1, along with the crew of the Odyssey and Dr. Rodney McKay, work on a daring plan to prevent the Ori from using their Supergate.
Guide | Transcript
SciFi.com Official Summary
Aboard the Odyssey, SG-1 undertakes a dangerous mission to the city of Atlantis, deep in the Pegasus galaxy. There, Mitchell and Carter join forces with Dr. Rodney McKay and fly to the nearest black hole, where they deploy a Stargate into space and dial another Stargate in the Milky Way. That second 'gate is floating beside the Ori's Supergate, where Teal'c also waits in an al'kesh to observe the results. Carter plans to detonate a nuclear warhead at the Pegasus galaxy 'gate after it's connected to the Milky Way 'gate. If her theory is correct, the nuke's explosive blast will force the wormhole to leap from its original destination to the next nearest receiving gate — in this case, the Supergate. With the Supergate thus dialed in — and the black hole sustaining the connection indefinitely — the Ori will be unable to use their massive portal to transport more troops, ships, and supplies to their war against the Milky Way.
Each detail of this incredibly complex operation must be calculated perfectly, so Carter's willing to put up with McKay's prickly exterior if he can help her get the work done. Despite their combined brilliance, however, their first two attempts fail: Teal'c reports that the wormhole fails to jump to the Supergate.
Meanwhile, at Atlantis, Daniel and Vala search the city's vast archives for information about Merlin's anti-Ori weapon. To their surprise, however, they find themselves being helped by an unexpected ally: an actual Ascended Ancient, Morgan Le Fay. Though she once opposed Merlin's plans, now — faced with the dire threat of the Ori — she wants to help the humans find the weapon. She tells them the locations and the Ancient names — Taoth Vaclarush and Valos Cor — of two planets where Merlin's weapon might be hidden. Ascended law, however, forbids such interference with the human plane of existence, so she's risking terrible punishment by speaking to them at all. Even Daniel's heartfelt pleas might not give her enough courage to say more.
At the black hole, Carter's ambitious plan is not only running out of nuclear warheads, it's running out of time. An Ori ship is closing in on Teal'c's position, and soon the Odyssey is assaulted by the Wraith, the Pegasus Galaxy's most dangerous denizens. With both ends of the operation about to be wiped out, Carter, McKay and Mitchell must brave the outer edges of the black hole in order to save their lives.
Modified by Solutions.
- Ben Browder as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
- Amanda Tapping as Lt. Col. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran
- With Beau Bridges as Maj. Gen. Hank Landry
- And Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Sarah Strange as Morgan Le Fay
- Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir
- Joe Flanigan as Lt. Col. John Sheppard
- David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
- Matthew Glave as Col. Paul Emerson
- Chelah Horsdal as Lt. Womack
- David Nykl as Dr. Radek Zelenka
- Gary Jones as Sgt. Walter Harriman
- Chuck Campbell as Atlantis Technician
- Matthew Walker as Moros/Myrddin/Merlin
- Ascended Beings
- Atlantis Expedition Team
- Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy
- Merlin's Anti-Ori Weapon
- Super Stargate
- Castiana / Taoth Vaclarush
- Sahal / Valos Cor
- Season Ten Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 10.03 "The Pegasus Project" Transcript
- Previous: 10.02 "Morpheus" Episode Guide
- Next: 10.04 "Insiders" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Ten Discussion Board
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season Ten (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Ten
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Ten
- "Tomorrow, it's episode #3, Brad's Daniel story, that sees the occasionally-bespectacled one travel far, far away." — Joseph Mallozzi, GateWorld Blog, November 21, 2005.
- "As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, the occasionally bespectacled one takes a trip far, far away in episode 3. Brad will be doing the honors on this one. Very interesting. There was plenty of heated debate in the writers' room while we were breaking this one." — Joseph Mallozzi, Gateworld Blog, November 28, 2005.
- "Brad is working on a story in which Daniel, finally, gets to go to Atlantis. So far, we have no Carter crossovers planned." — Joseph Mallozzi, GateWorld Q&A, December 20. (It was confirmed that Daniel's trip to Atlantis is to be in this episode by Joseph Mallozzi on SG1Solutions, December 21, 2005.)
- This story has "major story arc implications" and caused "heated debate in the writers' room", the reason being: "That you'll have to wait and see although, at the time we were discussing it, it was intended to serve as the launch for a significant, potentially very controversial story arc for one of the characters." — Joseph Mallozzi, SG1Solutions, December 22, 2005. This may or may not be related to the "controversial story arc" for Daniel which might mean his becoming a darker character, as has been alluded to by Mallozzi in the past and about which he has stated on SG1Solutions, "I've been sworn to secrecy on this one."
- The "potentially controversial story arc" for Daniel which had been identified with this episode was tabled, but Mallozzi said, "We'll probably get resume discussing "the arc" in the coming weeks." (SG1Solutions, January 20, 2006)
- "Haven't read the script, but the plan is for him [Daniel] to come back at episode's end." — Joseph Mallozzi, SG1Solutions, January 20, 2006.
- According to Gateworld, David Nykl, Dr. Radek Zelenka of Atlantis, will be making a guest appearance in this episode. It is also rumored that Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard) and David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay) will also be making crossover appearances, but the episode in question for these two actors has not yet been confirmed. — Gateworld: Nykl to Guest Star on Stargate SG-1, March 3, 2006.
- Episode 3 is a crossover episode in which many of the cast of Stargate: Atlantis will appear. In one of two storylines, Daniel and Vala will dig through the archives of Atlantis' library searching for something to stop the Ori. They will discover something ‘interesting and titillating’. — reported from Michael Shanks Interview in SciFi Talk Podcast, early March 2006.
- "In “The Pegasus Project” Daniel finally gets to go to Atlantis, and we get to see the cast of both shows interact. Personally I love the cross-over, and the fact that the SG Universe is present tense and inter-connective. Watching Sheppard and Mitchell talk about McKay is just plain cool. And this is a great episode for space-gate science. So get your protractors out, because there’s going to be some math involved. Great performances all around. And when listening to the characters talk, keep in mind that this is a Brad Wright script, and he is ground-zero for the voices of the characters, as Carl Binder likes to say." — Alex Levine, Script Coordinator, SciFi.com Blog, July 25, 2006.
- Joseph Mallozzi's Gateworld Blog
- Solutions Spoiler Blog: S10 Spoilers: The Pegasus Project
- Gateworld: Nykl to Guest Star on Stargate SG-1
- Solutions Spoiler Blog: Michael Shanks Audio Interview (SciFi Talk Podcast)
- Solutions Spoiler Blog: S10 Spoilers: Images for Episodes 2 and 3
- Solutions Spoiler Blog: TV Guide Insider: Crossover Q&A
- Alex Levine's Blog at SciFi.com, July 25, 2006
--DeeKayP 16:47, 27 February 2006 (PST)