SGA 2.11 "The Hive Part 2" Episode Guide
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
Having captured the human raiding party aboard her ship, the Wraith Hive Queen interrogates Sheppard. He endures her tactics and reveals nothing until, in frustration, she banishes him to a cell with Teyla, Ronon and Ford. Soon afterward, Teyla senses the arrival of a second hive ship through her psychic link to the Wraith. Both massive ships are headed for a nearby inhabited planet, which they will soon begin to cull unless Sheppard and his team can stop them.
The team quickly breaks out of the cell, but they don't get far before they hear a cry for help. A young woman is cocooned in the ship's murky corridor, held captive for the Wraith's future dining pleasure. Over Ford's objections, Sheppard insists on rescuing her. The resulting delay, however, enables Wraith warriors to corner and recapture them all.
Meanwhile, far away on the planet that hosts Ford's home base, McKay attempts a more successful escape. He takes a massive dose of the Wraith enzyme, giving himself the superhuman powers he needs to fight past the guards holding him hostage. He returns to Atlantis through the stargate, only to collapse, near death, from the effects of the drug. Beckett must now nurse him through the painful and life-threatening withdrawal process.
Locked in their prison cells aboard the distant hive ship, Ronon, Teyla and Ford have also been deprived of the drug and are enduring a similar agony. Sheppard, the only member of the team who has never taken the enzyme, finds himself locked up alone with Neera, the woman whose rescue cost him his freedom.
McKay, now recovered, tells Weir and Caldwell all he knows about the team's disastrous reunion with Ford. He knows the coordinates of the planet the Wraith are about to cull, so Weir orders the Daedalus to depart immediately. If they can reach the planet in time and make radio contact with Sheppard, they will be able to beam the team to safety.
What they don't know, however, is that the Wraith have taken the teams' radios. They also don't know that they'll now be facing two hive ships, not one. And, for his part, Sheppard doesn't know that there's more to the attractive and inquisitive Neera than meets the eye….
- Joe Flanigan as Lt. Col. John Sheppard
- Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir
- Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan
- Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex
- with Paul McGillion as Dr. Carson Beckett
- and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
- Mitch Pileggi as Col. Steven Caldwell
- Rainbow Sun Francks as Aiden Ford
- Aaron Abrams as Kanayo
- Kavan Smith as Maj. Lorne
- Jenn Bird as Neera
- David Nykl as Dr. Zelenka
- James Lafazanos as Wraith Male
- Andee Frizzell as Wraith Hive Queen
- Woody Jeffreys as Bouncer / Guard #1
- Aleks Holtz as Guard #2
- Chuck Campbell as Atlantis Technician
- Kirby Morrow as Airman
- Season Two Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- Previous: SGA 2.10 "The Lost Boys Part 1" Episode Guide
- Next: SGA 2.12 "Epiphany" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Two Discussion Board
- Solutions News and Spoiler Blog
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Two
--DeeKayP 11:22, 22 June 2006 (PDT)