6.16 "Metamorphosis" Episode Guide
SG-1 discovers that Nirrti, attempting to create the perfect human host, is mutating the inhabitants of an unexplored planet with a machine that rearranges their DNA. Captured by Nirrti, SG-1 must find a way to escape before they're subjected to the same fate.
Guide | Transcript
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
Colonel Jack O'Neill was never thrilled that a Russian team was operating with Stargate Command, so when Lt. Col. Sergei Evanov and his team bring back an unauthorized alien, he's livid. But the alien, Alebran, who is seriously injured, says his people are being experimented on by the Goa'uld Nirrti, with whom O'Neill reluctantly made a deal a while back that let her go free. Alebran has vital intel about Nirrti's current plans.
Major Carter, Dr. Janet Fraiser, and Teal'c figure, from what Alebran tells them, that Nirrti has a DNA resequencer she is using to mutate his people—while telling them she is curing them of a plague. She is actually still trying to create a hok'tar—an advanced human she could use as a host in order to become the most powerful Goa'uld.
Suddenly, Alebran clutches his chest, and just melts away.
SG-1 goes to to Alebran's planet to find Nirrti and terminate her. Sergei knows the layout, so he comes along. With him Sergei on perimeter guard, Carter, Jonas Quinn, Teal'c, and O'Neill infiltrate Nirrti's fortress and find Alebran's people—mutated by DNA experimentation. They think Nirrti is a god who is helping them. Two of them have received superhuman powers from her DNA treatments: Wodan, Alebran's brother, has telekinetic powers strong enough to stop a bullet from O'Neill's P-90 in midair. And Eggar can read minds and knows O'Neill wants Nirrti dead.
The SG-1 team members are thrown into cells where they wait for Nirrti to experiment on them, one by one. Carter is taken first and comes back molecularly unstable, soon to suffer the same fate as Alebran and Sergei—who was also captured and experimented on…and collapsed in a puddle in the cell.
Nirrti takes a special interest in Jonas, who is apparently genetically superior. Evidently, a thousand years on another planet in slavery to the Goa'uld did his people some good. She tries to seduce him into becoming a hok'tar so she can see if the experiment will work before she tries it herself. But he resists her promises of power.
O'Neill is next. Just before Nirrti puts him in the machine, O'Neill convinces Eggar to read her thoughts and learn the truth. When he and Wodan discover that she really did kill their people, Wodan levitates her and breaks her neck with his mind. Unfortunately, Nirrti was the only one who knew how the machine worked and who could have reversed Carter's condition.
Yet Eggar had also learned how to operate the device while he was reading Nirrti's mind and makes Carter whole again. And he assures SG-1 that after he restores his people, he will destroy the machine.
- Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill
- Amanda Tapping as Maj. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn
- Don S. Davis as Gen. George Hammond
- Teryl Rothery as Dr. Janet Fraiser
- Jacqueline Samuda as Nirrti
- Raoul Ganeev as Lt. Col. Sergei Evanov
- Alex Zahara as Eggar
- Dion Johnstone as Wodan
- Gary Jones as Technician Walter Davis
- Alex Rae as Alebran
- Dan Payne as Jaffa Commander
- Season Six Episode Guide
- Episode Guides
- 6.16 "Metamorphosis" Transcript
- Previous: 6.15 "Paradise Lost" Episode Guide
- Next: 6.17 "Disclosure" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Six Discussion Board
- Solutions Many Voices Ratings and Reviews
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season Six (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Six
- The Stargate SG-1 Compendium
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Six
--Kylie Lee 10:53, 26 Jun 2004 (PDT)