Sahal / Valos Cor
Sahal, known by the Ancients as Valos Cor, was an Ancient city that could hold the key to finding the Sangreal.
- Names and Designations: Sahal; Valos Cor
- Number of Suns: Unknown
- Number of Moons: Unknown
- Source of Address: Morgan Le Fay
- Introduced in Episode: 9.20 "Camelot Part 2"
- Earth Cultural/Technological Equivalent: former Ancient colony
- Main Interest: Anti-ascended weapon invented by Merlin (Sangreal)
- Influenced/Dominated by: Ancients
- History of Stargate: Unknown
Uncertain which glyphs go to which planet. See image above.
Geopolitical and Structural History
Sahal was named by Meurik of Camelot as one of the places Arthur and knights went to in their quest for the Sangreal (9.20 "Camelot Part 2"). During a visit to Atlantis, Daniel Jackson discovered the location of Sahal (10.03 "The Pegasus Project"). Morgan Le Fay, in the guise of the avatar she created while still a Lantian, translated Sahal to its Ancient equivalent, Valos Cor, and gave the coordinates for it and another Ancient location, Castiana.
When the SGC investigated the location, they found ruins indicating an Ancient civilization was once there, but all evidence pointed to the site having been abandoned for 40,000 years (10.04 "Insiders").
After the search of the planet came up empty, Daniel Jackson continued to do research (10.10 "The Quest Part 1"). When lines were drawn graphically between Castiana, Sahal, and Vagonbrei combined with Camelot ended up forming a tetrahedron, a perfect pyramid. In addition, parts of those gate addresses combined gave a new separate address— the location of the Sangreal.
- Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Camelot (PX1-767)
- Castiana / Taoth Vaclarush
- Stargate Command (SGC)
--Aurora 18:30, 5 August 2006 (PDT)