You might be interested in these news tidbits and announcements that have been noted on this editor’s calendar and notebook for this week. If you’ve got more to add, please don’t hesitate to announce them in the comment section below. We’ll update this article if something comes to our attention during the week.
|Monday, November 8|
|Tuesday, November 9||
Syfy: SGU 2.07 “The Greater Good” at 9 PM ET, with a repeat at 11 PM.
Sky1/UK: SGU 2.06 “Trial and Error” at 9 PM.
Today is Teryl Rothery‘s birthday!
|Wednesday, November 10||
Stargate Universe – Season 1 DVD set is being released in France today.
Last week, David Hewlett thought that maybe his first of three appearances in The CW’s new show Hellcats was going to be aired, but it turned out not to be the case. He tweeted, “Next week I guess!” We’ve checked with TV Guide for the next two episodes, and Hewlett’s name doesn’t appear attached to them, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s not in them. If he isn’t able to direct his fans via Twitter when his episodes will air, we’ll just have to keep our eyes open for him at 9 PM ET on Wednesday nights on The CW. If we do happen to miss his appearance, The CW posts full episodes online for later viewing.
|Thursday, November 11||Veterans Day in USA and Remembrance Day in Canada
SGU 1.12 “Divided” on New Zealand’s Prime TV at 8:30 PM.
|Friday, November 12||
Sci Fi/Australia: SGU 2.07 “The Greater Good” at 8:30 PM.
Space/Canada: SGU 2.07 “The Greater Good” at 10 PM ET. “Fans in Canada have to wait until Friday night to check out The Greater Good, but they also get an extra treat when the entire cast puts in an appearance on Innerspace immediately following the show.” — Joseph Mallozzi. There will also be a Live Chat between 2:00 and 2:30. Visit Spacecast for the details.
The cast of Stargate Universe will be present on the CTV Canada AM show, which airs from 6 AM to 9 AM PT. They’ll be discussing the show’s Gemini nominations in honor of the Gemini Award’s Broadcast Gala that is occurring November 13.
Chevron 7.5 begins today and runs until Sunday, November 14. From the con’s website: “This unofficial convention aims to bring together fans of the various “Stargate” series including “SG1”, “Stargate: Atlantis” and the brand new “Stargate: Universe” from across the country to meet some of the show’s stars and enjoy various events over the weekend. There will be activities each day from guest talks and photograph sessions to quizzes and late night parties. For more information on these, check out our events section. This event will take place in The Park Inn, Northampton… Registration will begin at 2pm and the Opening Ceremony will be at 7pm on the Friday evening!” Guests include Michael Shanks, Teryl Rothery, Andee Frizzell, Lexa Doig, and Sarah Douglas. Make sure to visit the website for further details.
|Saturday, November 13||The Broadcast Gala of the 25th Gemini Awards is tonight. We’ll hear the outcome of these nominations:
|Sunday, November 14|
News Flashes and Brief Follow-Ups
- Gemini Awards – Stargate Universe was nominated for nine Gemini Awards this year, and five of them were covered in the Industry Gala held last week. Unfortunately, none of them were taken home.
- Michael Shanks – There was some confusion as to which Tower Prep episode Michael Shanks was to make his appearance as Professor Literature. MSOL investigated and determined that his episode, titled “Book Report”, will air November 16.
- SG-1 and SGA Portals – Each Friday, a new feature is posted to the Portal pages. This past Friday, we worked from the keyword prompt “mutations”. From that prompt, we got into the discussion of biological warfare. Visit the SG-1 Portal to discuss “Teal’c in ‘Bane'” and the SGA Portal to discuss “Sheppard in ‘Conversion'”.
Stargate Universe Press
- Brian J. Smith – SciFi and TV Talk Blog: Stargate Universe’s Brian J. Smith – Universal Soldier.
- Louis Ferreira – Joseph Mallozzi’s Weblog: November 1, 2010, November 3, 2010, and November 5, 2010.
- Elyse Levesque – Collider: Elyse Levesque Exclusive On Set Interview STARGATE UNIVERSE.
It should be noted that whenever spoilers come out for SGU, they are placed in the episode guides in the Stargate Wiki without much fanfare here in the News Blog. However, we should note that the episode guides for “Visitation” and “Resurgence” were updated with spoiler summaries recently. To keep on top of such updates, visit the main page of the Stargate Wiki to see the “Recent Updates” list of links.
Solutions News Blog Round-Up
Our News Blog posts since the last Stargate Planner (most recent listed first):
- Brad Wright: SG-1, Atlantis Fans Hurt Stargate Universe.
- MGM Files for Bankruptcy.
- Stargate Universe “Trial and Error” Ratings.
- Brad Wright: Please Watch My Show.
- Stargate Universe: 2.06 “Trial and Error”.
- Michael Shanks in “Tower Prep” Tonight? (Updated).
Solutions LJ Companion Background Articles
Last week, we posted a few background articles in our LJ Companion that you might be interested in. The articles listed in this section don’t have a companion piece in our News Blog here:
- Beau Bridges with Brother Jeff at the Britannia Awards.
- SG-1 and SGA Portals Feature “Mutations”.
- Official Stargate Convention in Los Angeles.
- Happy Birthday, Corin Nemec!
- Mark Dacascos Cast as Wo Fat in New “Five-O”.
- New USA Network Pilots: Whom Would You Cast?
- Stargate Universe: 2.06 “Trial and Error” Poll and Discussion.
- Spoiler Summaries Added for Upcoming SGU Episodes.
For news as it happens, make sure to visit the Stargate Twitter Superfeed for tidbits directly from the Stargate stars and production crew. And don’t forget our new feature Beyond the Event Horizon, which consists of “home pages” with dynamic feeds from our LJ and Blog for the stars of SG-1 and Atlantis.
Our LJ Companion has news bites, polls, and glimpses into the lives of the actors that we don’t necessarily cover here in our more formal news blog. Make sure to visit the LJ’s feed on our front page or visit the site directly to see its mostly fun little tidbits.
For the latest in convention appearances, which are subject to change, make sure to visit Stargate Actor Appearances.
One thought on “Stargate Planner: Week of November 8-14”
Comments are closed.