The Nasyans were a peaceful civilization who had been free of the Goa'uld for three centuries. The Tok'ra operative, Jolinar of Malkshur, took refuge among them while being hunted down by the Goa'uld System Lords. The Goa'uld's attack in their hunt for Jolinar caused the Nasyans to be displaced. 236 people were rescued by the SGC and relocated to a new planet.
The Nasyans were a peaceful people. Once dominated by the Goa'uld, they had been free of Goa'uld oppression for over three centuries.
A Tok'ra operative, Jolinar of Malkshur, came to Nasya trying to evade the Goa'uld System Lords who were hunting her. It is unknown what happened to her previous host, but Jolinar infested one of the native inhabitants, Quinta. Hoping not to be suspected to be in a male host, Jolinar stayed on Nasya for a number of months, continuing in her host's every day activities. Although Quinta's wife, Talia, noticed the implantation scar, she did not suspect anything was different.
The Goa'uld eventually tracked Jolinar to Nasya. An ashrak, a Goa'uld assassin, hunted her, and the Goa'uld planned a full out frontal attack on the colony with a ha'tak.
In the meantime, the SGC had made contact with the peaceful Nasyan people. Encouraged by the lack of Goa'uld presence on the planet in over three centuries, the SGC negotiated with the peaceful inhabitants. The Nasyans were eager to set up an alliance with Earth and aid the SGC in setting up a research outpost on Nasya. It was while these negotiations were taking place that the Goa'uld unexpectedly attacked.
Among those rescued was the ashrak, his body heavily burned. Quinta was killed by a blast from a death glider, but Jolinar took advantage of Samantha Carter's resuscitation efforts and switched hosts, taking over Samantha Carter on Nasya. She was among the last to leave the planet before the Jaffa gave chase.
The wounded Nasyans were treated at the Air Force Academy Hospital. The SGC made efforts to find a world with an existing civilization that would be able to help the displaced people. P3X-422 was mentioned as a possible location. It is unclear what planet was finally decided upon for a new location, but the grateful people were transported by Stargate to the new world.
- Jolinar of Malkshur - Jolinar of Malkshur was a Tok'ra operative who took refuge on Nasya when hiding from the Goa'uld system lords. The symbiote hid in the body of a native Nasyan, Quinta, the husband of Talia. When he died, Jolinar switched hosts and entered Samantha Carter.
- Quinta - husband of Talia, Quinta somehow met up with Jolinar when the Tok'ra was desperate for a new host. Quinta became the new host for Jolinar, who pretended to be Quinta for several months. Quinta died during the Goa'uld attack on the Nasyan settlement, and Jolinar switched hosts.
- Talia - was one of the natives of Nasya rescued by the SG teams when the Goa'uld attacked their planet. Her husband, Quinta, was taken over by Jolinar of Malkshur months before the attack, but she was unaware of any change. She mourned his death when forced to leave his dying body on the planet, but tried to assist Daniel Jackson when he sought information about Jolinar. Recovered from her own minor injuries after the attack, she was very grateful to him and all of the SGC for what had been done for her people.
- The SGC was setting up an alliance with the Nasyans to set up a research station. When attacked by the Goa'uld, SG-1 and SG-6 were able to rescue 237 of the local population (actually 236, since one was an ashrak).
- The Goa'uld had not visited the Nasyan people for three centuries, but attacked in full force and without warning when they believed Jolinar of Malkshur was hiding there.
- David Allan Pearson as Jolinar of Malkshur/Quinta
- Judy Norton as Talia
- Amanda Tapping as Jolinar of Malkshur when it was in control of Samantha Carter’s body.
--Aurora 13:52, 2 May 2006 (PDT)