10.15 "Bounty" Episode Guide
Cameron Mitchell goes to his high school reunion in Kansas, accompanied by Vala Mal Doran. What Mitchell doesn’t know is that he’s been tracked to the event by an alien bounty hunter who wants to use him as bait for a bigger prize: all of SG-1.
Guide | Transcript
SciFi.com Official Summary
After SG-1 hands the Lucian Alliance yet another humiliating defeat, the Alliance leader Netan decides that he's had enough. He puts a huge price on the head of each team member. In no time, the galaxy's best bounty hunters converge on planet Earth.
Unaware of this, SG-1 takes a well-earned break from saving the universe. Carter attends a technology conference. Daniel conducts research at a major library. Teal'c is off-world, aiding his Jaffa brethren as they struggle to reconstitute their government. And Mitchell attends his high-school reunion in small-town Auburn, Kansas — with Vala along as his "date."
Teal'c and Daniel are the first to be attacked. After a bounty hunter's ambush leaves Teal'c with minor injuries, he springs a clever trap and captures his assailant single-handedly. Daniel, meanwhile, looks up from his books to see an aggressively flirtatious woman — holding a gun on him. He escapes outside; she pursues. She's about to force him to surrender when a bus wipes her out, instead.
Gen. Landry warns Carter and Mitchell that they may be next. Indeed, a sniper takes aim at Carter as she steps up to the podium to give her presentation at the conference. Luckily, she's presenting the Chimera Optics Projection System — a version of an Asgard hologram device. When the bounty hunter puts a shot straight through her, he perforates a hologram. The real Carter, backstage, quickly moves to take him down.
In Kansas, so far, the only mayhem has been thanks to Vala. While she's made a sincere effort to pose as Mitchell's friend from the Air Force's accounting department, her casual references to interstellar weapons smugglers and her over-the-top professions of passion for Mitchell are freaking out his friends and family. Mitchell can live with that, though … until it interferes with his attempts to sweet-talk his old high-school crush, Amy Vandenburg.
Then Odai Ventrell, a famed bounty hunter, crashes the reunion party and takes Mitchell, Vala and the other guests hostage. He plans to wait until the rest of SG-1 inevitably comes to the rescue and then nab the whole group for one massive bounty. Carter, Daniel and Teal'c are headed straight into a trap. Worse, any misstep will kill not only them but Mitchell's entire graduating class.
Modified by Solutions.
- Ben Browder as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
- Amanda Tapping as Lt. Col. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran
- With Beau Bridges as Maj. Gen. Hank Landry
- And Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Anne Marie DeLuise as Amy Vandenberg
- David Lovgren as Darrell Grimes
- Mike Dopud as Odai Ventrell
- Eric Steinberg as Netan
- Bill Dow as Dr. Bill Lee
- Gary Jones as Technician (Sgt. Walter Harriman)
- Timothy Paul Perez as Vashin
- Noah Danby as Cha'ra
- Maureen Thomas as Wendy Mitchell
- Ian Robison as Frank Mitchell
- Ryan Elm as Gary Walesco
- Jody Thompson as Woman Bounty Hunter
- Mark Brandon as Presenter
- Jeny Cassady as Alien Bounty Hunter
- Brad Proctor as Alien Bounty Hunter
- Rob Hayter as Phil
- Jackie Blackmore as Female Grad (Jackie)
- Ed Anders as Former Football Player
- Rob Boyce as Assassin Sniper
- Cargo Ship
- Chimera Optics Projection System
- Kassa Transport
- Lucian Alliance
- Ring Transporter
- X-699 Plasma Cannon
- Season Ten Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 10.15 "Bounty" Transcript
- Previous: 10.14 "The Shroud" Episode Guide
- Next: 10.16 "Bad Guys" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Ten Discussion Board
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season Ten (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Ten
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Ten
- Before cameras: June 12 to June 20, 2006.
- About Daniel and romantic entanglements: "There is the ongoing storyline that started in season nine with Vala, about her sort of being interested in him and Daniel not being interested in her. Then this year we have another sort of pseudo love interest in the part of her daughter, Adria, played by Morena Baccarin. There is a bit of some sort of romantic entanglement that happens there and Daniel kind of pushes that aside as well. Then in the episode right after it, which is “Bounty”, where a beautiful girl pretty much propositions Daniel point blank and he lets that go by too." — Michael Shanks, Interview at Eclipse Magazine, August 16, 2006.
- Solutions Spoiler Blog: S10 Spoilers: Bounty: Updated
- Michael Shanks Interview at Eclipse Magazine, August 16, 2006.
--DeeKayP 08:33, 31 May 2006 (PDT)